Saturday 16 November 2019

'Layered Sunflower Tag' For Bee Crafty

Hello!

This week on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a tag that I have made.  At the moment I am really loving creating lots of layers, often with different materials and textures, but for this project I thought I would create those layers using lots of stamping...


I started by using one of the Dylusions mixed media tags (number 10) and with my brayer added layers of distress inks (Crushed Olive, Wild Honey and Vintage Photo)...


Next I used the same 3 colours of distress ink to add random background stamping - Multi Mini Distressed Diamonds, Texture Circles and Texture Borders...


Using the Ledger Measure stamps, I added some Versamark and then gold embossing powder.  When I first stamped the larger of the stamps along the right hand side it felt a bit too overpowering so I brushed away some of the powder to create a more faded and distressed look, then stamped the other parts more fully...


I am so used to adding stenciling to my projects that I really felt I wanted to use some,  I chose the Circle Lattice d'inkable and applied Vintage Photo distress ink through it with a stencil brush...


At this point I was starting to think about my focal points and after deciding where they would be used a few of the Stitch Borders with sepia Versafine to create a more defined area...


To create more dimension but also echo the linear look, I stamped out the tape measure from the Stitch Border set and coloured them with some distress ink before adhering to the tag...


I wanted one more focal image to contrast with the background and create even more dimension so I chose the Beautanicals Large Sunflower, which I cut out and coloured with the same colour distress inks...


The final touch was one of the Small Words stamps which I stamped onto brown card and embossed with gold powder...



Here are the products used:

Beautanicals - Large Sunflower
Art Stamps - Ledger Measure
Art Stamps - Stitch Borders
Background,Textures and Borders Stamps - Multi Mini Distressed Diamonds
Background,Textures and Borders Stamps - Texture Circles
Background,Textures and Borders Stamps - Texture Borders
Wordage - Small Words
D'Inkables - Circle Lattice
Distress Inkpads
Dylusions Tags Number 10

I am really loving mixing up my stamp sets to create layers!  If you have made any projects using Bee Crafty products we would love to see them in the Bee Crafty group on Face Book, so please do pop over for a look.

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment