Saturday 23 January 2021

Happy Birthday Flower Card

  Hello!

This week I thought I would make a card that used the least amount of 3D layers possible but still had a layered look!


1) I used a piece of watercolour card that measured 5 and a quarter inches square, then sprayed some Picked Raspberry distress oxide spray onto a block and added it to one corner of the card...


2) After I had made sure the first layer was dry I did the same again on a smaller block using the Wild Honey distress oxide spray...


3) Next I took the circles d'inkable and the Peacock Feathers distress inkpad and stenciled using a foam blending tool.  I also added a little bit more of the ink around three of the corners...


4) To create my focal image I stamped the flower from my 'Just Bloom' set using black Versafine Clair and heat embossed with clear powder.  To create a stalk I used a fine liner black pen then added the leaf from the set...


5) For the sentiment I chose one from the Everyday Sentiments 2 set (regular) and stamped directly onto the card in the same way as the flower...


6) To help the flower to stand out more from the background, I used Ecoline pens to colour then added white highlights with a posca pen...


7) Finally I added a layer of black card then stuck it all to the front of a 6" card blank...



Here are links to the products used:


Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx













No comments:

Post a Comment