Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Wonderful Wednesday - Purple Flower Clock

Hello to you all and I hope you are all keeping well this mid week!

Today I am posting another clock that I have decorated from the IndigoBlu canvas clock kit, but this one is a bit more floral and feminine.  It is also one of my favourite colours...purple.

I am going to enter this project into the following challenges...

* The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Time Flies
* Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes

Here is what I started out with...
One of my favourite Heartfelt Creations collections is the delicate asters, so I decided to use the papers, stamps and dies.    I started out by covering the canvas with the paper using mod podge to apply it, and also to the clock face (I put a layer of gesso on first to stop the glue sinking in too much).  Watered down Goldfinger paint (IndigoBlu) was added, including some 'splats,' and then I decided to use gold embossing powder around the edges to give it an old, gilded feel.  I also stamped and gold embossed some of the aster stamps, you can see them most clearly on the clock face...
As always I then felt the need to add extra texture!  I do love stencils and various different texture pastes (of which I have a few) and so chose a word stencil from TCW (probably one of my most used stencils as it goes with so many different styles and themes).  I also used a floral stencil to go with the theme of the clock, and these were done with sparkle paste from Imagination crafts, gold and lavender.  The clock face was created using the stencil which had come with another clock kit from IndigoBlu and again I used the lavender paste...
To add more dimension and interest I wanted to add some flower elements.  The delicate asters stamps do match with the dies, but to be honest this is one set that I find quite tricky to line up accurately and as I can be a bit picky sometimes I decided to die cut the flowers from patterned paper without the stamps this time.  Once they were all made I added gems for the centres and sprayed them with iridescent glitter varnish from Crafter's Companion.  Looking through the papers I also found a cute little butterfly which I cut out twice and layered up, adding more glitter spray...
Finally it was all put together with the clock mechanism.  I used a dremel tool to make my hole in the canvas, gradually making it bigger until the mechanism fit just right...



Hopefully the close up pictures show you some more of the details.

Thank you for taking a look.  I will be back on Friday for some more fun!  This week I am trying a new technique and am going to attempt some miniature art!  See you soon,

Jane x