Friday 8 April 2016

Funtastic Friday: Black and Gold

Hello!

Another week nearly over already, where does the time go?

I am entering today's project into the following challenges...

* Mixed Media Monthly - Dimension

* Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
* Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
* Creative Artiste - Challenge 13: Anything Goes (Option of chipboard, stencils or flowers)

Today I have got a project that is very different from my last one as it is classic black and gold.
I didn't take any step by step photos but have tried to take a range of photos of the finished project so that I can explain each part.

I started with a plain box from IndigoBlu which I painted with black gesso.  Using a stencil and white crackle paste, I put some pattern around the main box and onto the lid to add some texture and dimension.  Once this had dried it was covered once again with black gesso and then gold gilding wax added to highlight the pattern...



To decorate the top I wanted to add some flowers, but not too many as I wanted to keep the box quite classic.  I chose a selection of white paper flowers from my stash and sprayed them with black dylusions ink.  To make sure they dried completely I used my heat tool then added some more gold gilding wax.  After positioning them on the box I added a few gold coloured stamens and found a black and gold bead to put at the top of some strands of gold organza ribbon.  This was all stuck down with glue gel...



Here are a couple of pictures of the entire box to finish...



We are off to Crafting at Ally Pally in London on Saturday then the rest of the weekend at LEGOLAND so we will be pretty busy but should be lots of fun!

I have already got Monday's project in hand so hopefully that will be on the blog!!

Enjoy your weekend whatever you are up to,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment