Tuesday 19 April 2016

Mask & Stamp sets: Friend Card

Hello!!

Unusual for me to post on a Tuesday but as it is a special week I thought I would do an extra couple of posts to show in closer detail the samples that were made for Leonie's mask and stamp set launch.

I made a variety of types of projects, so today thought I would post about one of the cards I made...


The 'Friend' card was made by placing one of the friend masks onto card using repositionable spray glue.  Purple distress ink was added by brushing over the area with a blending brush and then flower stamps from the sets were used with a selection of different shades of purple (versa colour inkpads) whilst the mask was still in place.  I stamped each impression more than once to add different levels of colour.  Some flourishes were added at the end to add some contrast in green. 

Once I was happy I carefully removed the mask (any residue from the glue I removed with an adhesive rubber) and then to highlight the word more used a fine purple marker to add dots around the letters.

After finding the right sized circle die I cut the focal image out and also a purple mat to place under it.

The same process of stamping and blending was used on 2 corners of square card and I added some white ribbon before this was then matted onto the same colour purple card.  I always use matting and layering as I think it frames the final piece and makes the card look finished.

Glue gel was used to mount the main piece onto the background and finally a bow and some pearls added as a finishing touch.

I do like purple so this was one of my favourite projects to make.

Tomorrow I will be posting one of the home décor projects that I made and it was one of the couple that I remembered to take extra photos for!

Take care and don't forget that Leonie is on HOCHANDA today at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm with the mask and stamp sets,

Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment