Monday 18 April 2016

Exciting News & Handbag Gift Bags!!

Hello again and welcome to a new crafty week!

Today I have very exciting news that I can now announce!

This evening at 8pm (BST) on the craft channel HOCHANDA, Leonie Pujol (TV crafter and presenter) is launching her new range of craft products, and I am so excited to tell you that I am one of her design team, yay!!

I am alongside some other lovely and fantastic crafters whose blogs I will share with you...

* Nick: http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk/
* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Elaine: http://cakecoffeefcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

And of course...

* Leonie: http://leoniepujol.blogspot.co.uk/

I will be posting pictures of a couple of my projects that I made for this TV launch on Wednesday and Friday in more detail (plus some photos tomorrow) and if you are able to please do tune in tonight to see the lovely products:

Sky - Channel 663
Freesat - Channel 817 
Online - https://www.hochanda.com/

But back to today and I have other pressing crafting matters as tomorrow is my nieces birthday!

As she is now a teenager she prefers money rather than a present but I wanted to make something a bit special to give it in rather than just put it in a card.  Then I remembered a beautiful gift bag that I had seen on Pinterest and so I searched it out and found that there was a tutorial for it.
It was made by Verity Cards (click on the name to go straight to the tutorial) and she used some of my favourite papers by Heartfelt Creations!

I went with the same collection... 'Delicate Asters' and because there is already a tutorial I didn't do step by step photos.  Here is the finished gift bag...



I am not usually a paper 'engineer', so this took all my powers of concentration!!  But at least that means if I can do it anyone can.  I was going to stamp and cut some of the flowers from the matching sets but in the end decided to use elements from the papers to add the extra dimension.  The sentiment stamp and punch were from Stampin'Up! and the name was stamped onto a banner punch also by Stampin'Up!  Crystal stickles were added for an extra touch of bling...


With matching papers I also made a little 3" x 3" card to put the money in inside the bag, but I sealed it up before remembering to take a photo!

I enjoyed making this so much that I then decided to make some more using other Heartfelt sets, ready to be used in the future...



Maybe now I will try more paper folding techniques!

We will be connecting the laptop up to the TV tonight for the crafting TV debut!!!

See you on tomorrow,

Jane x 



No comments:

Post a Comment