Wednesday 27 April 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Pink and Girly!


Hello again!

If you have looked at many posts on my blog you may have realised by now that I do have quite wide and varied interests and styles when it comes to crafting!

Today I am going quite different again to the start of this week by getting all pink and girly with a card...


I am entering this project into the following challenges...

* Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Pink and Girly
* Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog - #61 Monochrome
* That's Crafty Challenge Blog - About Face

I started by stamping out all the pieces that I wanted to use, including the fairy girl from Lily of the Valley, butterflies from Bev at Bee Crafty and the sentiment from a birthday greetings set by Kazzaz.
They were all heat embossed to make colouring easier.

I used 3 pink shades of distress ink to do all my colouring (tattered rose, worn lipstick & picked raspberry) along with a clear spectrum noir sparkle pen.

The fairy was coloured and then die cut using 2 circles from the Italian set by Sue Wilson, then matted onto a die cut scalloped circle.  The main focal point also had pink ink brushed over the edges to help frame the image...


The butterflies were coloured in the same way...


Using some of the new stamps from Leonie Pujol, I over stamped some flowers into 2 of the corners of a white piece of card using the same inks and then blended some worn lipstick around the card.

The same inks were blended over the sentiment...


The card was put together with a piece of pale pink organza ribbon along with a bow and pink dazzler.  Then it was all matted and layered together using a mixture of foam tape and glue gel for extra dimension...


A very pink and girly creation!

On Friday I will be posting another card, a bit less pink but still quite girly, hope to see you then :)

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment