Friday 6 May 2016

Funtastic Friday: Lotus Blossom Card

Hello! 

I hope you have had a fab week.  The weather here has been lovely (well once the bank holiday had passed but we are used to that) so it feels like spring has finally sprung.

I have noticed that stamps with different layers seem to be very popular at the moment and it encouraged me to get out a stamp set that I have from Stampin'Up! that was part of their saleabration event a year or two ago.  It is a beautiful lotus blossom set with a nice sentiment too so I made my card with this as the focal point.

I am entering this card into the following challenges...

* More Mixed Media Challenge - Pink
* Crafty Cardmakers - Pearls or Gems

As it is a funtastic Friday I got out one of my fun crafting tools that I really do not use enough and that is my gelli plate!...

 
 
I think that I have not used my plate as much because the results are not always as you intend, so I decided that I was going to cast my control aside and just go with the flow!  I picked out some stencils and other bits and bobs that I thought would add good texture then had a play.
 
I quickly realised that I would need to add a bit of glaze to my acrylic paint as I was too slow at making my print, so the paint was dried by the time I added the card.  Once I had a print that I was reasonably happy with I added some more stencilling with distress ink and then some golden pink sparkle paste...
 
 

I then used my stamp set with purple toned inks (milled lavender, dusty concord and Versafine imperial purple).  I didn't worry too much about whether they were lined up perfectly but it was quite easy with the clear stamps.  I then stamped on the sentiment and added worn lipstick distress ink around the edges...


The card was matted and layered and a ribbon and gems added.  I also used some glamour dust glitter on the flowers for extra sparkle...




I am definitely going to get my gelli plate out more often and also try some different paints and mediums on it.

Have a lovely weekend and I will be back on Monday with some more mixed media.

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment