Wednesday 4 May 2016

IndigoBlu Challenge Reminder: Spring is in the air!

Hello to you all!

Another wonderful Wednesday is upon us but today is an extra special post for me as it is a project that is also on the IndigoBlu challenge blog today as part of the April challenge reminder...

http://indigoblublogchallenge.blogspot.com/2016/05/april-challenge-reminder-spring-is-in.html

This is because last month I was chosen as one of the top 3 for my 'Daisy Delights' canvas (which I loved making), if you want to read that post the link is HERE.

I wanted to make something that really captured the theme of 'Spring is in the air' so decided to create an altered art piece using a Tim Holtz assemblage clock...


I chose a clock as Spring seems to me to symbolise the passing of time across the year, and also as in the UK it is the time when the clocks spring forward!

I used heavy white gesso to form a base layer then spread white crackle texture paste over the clock...


Once this had dried and the crackles had all formed I used sponges to dab on IndigoBlu cottage paints (marshmallow, lemon meringue & lime marmalade).  Gold gilding wax was used to highlight the texture then to make it even more vintage I swiped some flitterglu over areas of the clock and added gold gilding flakes...

 
 
I had previously also coated some card in silver paint then Kroma Crackle.  This had been left to develop and then the same colour paints and wax used.  I chose a circle die that would fit the back part of the clock and cut a piece of the crackled card out...


Next I wanted to fill the inside of the clock with flowers to create the spring feel.  Using white paper roses I added the cottage paints to them then some gold and green spray.  These were joined inside with some other natural elements...


Using a sentiment from 'Enjoy Life', I stamped in versamark and heat embossed with gold powder.  Once this was cut out with a label die it was stuck to the back section of the clock and the clock put together.

For the finishing touches I wanted to add a butterfly and some flowers from one of my IndigoBlu sets, then also the main words from the new word block stamps, 'celebrate' and 'beauty'.  These were all heat embossed in gold onto gold card then coloured with some of the paints...


Here are some more close up shots...




This was again really fun to make, and I love working with IndigoBlu products as they are such good quality.

Do pop over for a look at what else is on the challenge blog and I will be back on Friday with another project.

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment