Wednesday 11 May 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Simple Flower Card

Hello again!

Yesterday I decided to get some stamps and dies out of my crafty cupboard that I haven't used very often to have a play around with.  I love seeing cards that are layered up using dies as I always think they look stunning, but I haven't really tried it much so I decided to get out my 'Madison Square' set of dies by Sue Wilson to have a go!

I am entering this card into the following challenges...

* Fantasy Stampers - Flower Power
* Craft Stamper - Anything Goes
* Crafty Cardmaker - Pearls or Gems
* Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
* Sweet Stampin' - May Flowers

Because there was going to be detail in the dies I went for a simple floral stamp for the focal image from a set by Stampin'Up! (Bloom with Hope).

I started by cutting the layers of the die set out to see how they looked.  My initial idea for how they were going to be layered actually changed by the end of the card as I decided to inlay the different layers rather than stack them all. 

Two of the layers were also recut with double sided adhesive so that glitter could be added to some of the cut away spaces.

Once the layers were cut I stamped one of the flower images using black Versafine and then coloured it using Spectrum Aqua marker pens.  These were the colours that I then used to guide me when I tinted the different layers using Cosmic Shimmer colour cloud inks (Frosty Sky, Frosty Aqua and Frosty Heather).  I also used glitters that matched the colours to cover the double sided adhesive but on contrasting layers.

Once the pieces were inlaid and layered up, I added a sentiment from the stamp set (cut out using a pierced flag die) and added gems to the corners...



This really was a card where I did not know what it was going to look like until it was made!

However I am really pleased with how it turned out and it has encouraged me to have a play with more of the stamps and dies that I tend not to use.

I will be back again on Friday, but until then happy crafting!

Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment