Tuesday 14 June 2016

Design Team Tuesday: Beautiful Blooms

 
Hello again!
 
Last week saw the launch of the new entwined hearts collection by Leonie Pujol and released with it were a set of stamps to co ordinate.  One of my favourite of all the sets was the 'Beautiful Bloom' collection as I really love making flowers...
 
 
The set includes 3 different sizes of flower so it is ideal if you want to layer them up, as well as all the different leaves, which I think are always essential when crafting with flowers.
 
The card I would like to show you also incorporates the Big Heart Entwining Branches die which I felt went perfectly with the flower stamps, as well as the Big Heart base die...
 
 
 
For this sample I decided to use kraft card for a more natural look. 
The die was cut out in green card and layered onto the base big heart cut from kraft card. 
I then stamped and cut out the smallest flower twice as well as some of the leaves and coloured them all using Spectrum Aqua pens. 
The background was created using the other two flowers stamped straight onto the card base with sepia Versafine ink and coloured in the same way as the other flowers.  The centres were created using some gold stickles. 
The sentiment and banner are from the Folk Art Fun stamp set...

 

After layering the flowers up using some glue gel, I splattered some watered down gold paint onto the card to add some extra interest.

This was one of my favourite cards that I created for the show as I love the flowers anyway and I really liked the look created with the kraft card, I hope you like it too.

I will be back tomorrow with a new creation, hopefully you will be able to pop by again for a look,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment