Monday 13 June 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Wedding Heart

Hello and welcome to my new followers!

I really love reading your comments and would like to say a big thank you for your continued support!

Today I am sharing with you another heart project that I made using a mixture of Leonie's new dies and stamps as well as some stamps from Stampin'Up!

I am entering this project into the following challenges...

*Mixed Media Monthly - Texture

* Crafty Girls Challenge - #20 Anything Goes
* Take it, Make it - Let's Get Inky
* Country View Challenges - Crackle
* Frilly and Funkie - Let The Words do the Talking


I started by creating my crackle background.  As I wanted quite a subtle colour scheme for a wedding theme I used a white chalk paint first, then my crackle glaze (Americana Décor) then lace chalk paint.  Once the crackles had formed and the paint was dry it was sealed with a satin varnish...


To add extra texture to the background I then added some stencilling using a TCW reverse chicken wire stencil (one of my favourites) with some champagne sparkle paste from Imagination Crafts.  Adding a bit of gold gilding wax around the edges of the heart for an extra vintage touch, I also added some gold spray ink to the heart for some extra tones of colour...


The flowers were stamped and embossed in gold (Beautiful Blooms - Leonie Pujol) and then cut out, coloured using distress inks and shaped and layered...


I also die cut one of the big heart dies (floral cascade - Leonie Pujol) as well as the base heart using kraft card and vintage gold card, as well as cutting some flourishes from Sue Wilson's Grand Vinery...


Using 2 stamps from 'The New Two' set from Stampin'Up!  I stamped and embossed onto vintage gold card and cut the sentiments out using a label die.

Then all the pieces were added to the heart using glue gel and a piece of organza ribbon added...

 

 
I enjoy creating texture and dimension so this piece was lovely to make.  It is now hanging in a local shop hoping for a new home from a lovely summer wedding!

I will be back tomorrow with another design team creation from the latest Leonie Pujol die and stamp launch, but until then I hope you have a lovely day,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment