Saturday 4 June 2016

Indigo Blu: May...All Your Dreams Come True

Hello!

I am thrilled to be doing a post for the IndigoBlu challenge blog as last month I was in the top 3 for my pink butterfly canvas, you can read about it here.  I was really pleased to be chosen as I love IndigoBlu stamps and many of their other products.  You can go to the challenge blog by clicking on this link...

http://indigoblublogchallenge.blogspot.com/2016/06/may-challenge-reminder-may-all-your.html

The theme for this months challenge is 'May...All your dreams come true' and I made my project based around the sentiment that I wanted to use from a set of IndigoBlu stamps that I have had for a while.  I will start by showing the finished piece to hopefully explain how it fits with the theme...

 
I think that often to make your dreams come true you have to take a risk, and this sentiment says that beautifully, the rest of the plaque uses the other stamps in the set and the jewels are showing the treasures that you could receive if you pursue those dreams!

I started with a small MDF frame that I drilled 2 holes into the top of then painted with white gesso to prime the surface...


 I used 2 shade of Imagination starlight paints to create a lovely blue background...



All the stamps that I used came from the 'Under The Sea' set.  I used the bubbles to emboss on the frame with white powder and then the seaweed with green powder...

Before adding any other pieces I used silver wire to make the hanger, twisting it around itself to fix it in place.  I stamped the sentiment onto card and embossed with gold powder.  After cutting it out with a circle die I added some blue distress ink around the edges to tone in with the rest of the plaque...


I stamped all the shells plus the seahorse and fish and again embossed with gold powder.  Then these were coloured with Spectrum Aqua pens and coated with glossy accents...


Once these were dry they were added to the plaque using glue gel and then some faux gems as the finishing touch...



I think it is quite a fun little plaque and I love the sentiment of it.

I hope you enjoyed my post and will come back again to red what I have been making on Monday!

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment