Monday 6 June 2016

Mixed Media Monday: 'A Father' (Take 2)

Hello,

I hope you have had a relaxing weekend.

Today I am back with a similar plaque to one I showed last week!
We had a really good day at the Street Fair I attended last week and I am pleased that my original Father plaque went to a new home.  So I decided to make another one for a local shop that I sell in but with a few differences.
This time I went for a more distressed background look using a crackle effect...


I will be entering this project into the following challenges...

* Crafty Calendar Challenges - Father's Day/For a Male
* Countryview Challenge - Crackle
* Frilly and Funkie - Let The Words do the Talking
* Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Father's Day or Special Man

I started by preparing the MDF shape, drilling in holes, applying gesso then a coat of vanilla chalk paint.  Once this was dry I painted on the Americana Décor crackle glaze, I decided I wanted to create vertical crackles so painted it on up and down.
This I left for a good half hour (at least) to make sure it was thoroughly dry and then painted on some blue chalk paint, being careful not to overwork it.  The final coat was a satin varnish to protect the cracks...


The stamps are both from a set by Creative Expressions although I cut the lighthouse away from the rocks and cliffs and created extra rocks to make my own scene.  These were all coloured using Spectrum Aqua pens then coated in glossy accents. 
The clouds and birds were stamped and then heat embossed (both from stamps by Leonie Pujol) and the sentiment was cut out using a die from Justrite...


The final piece was put together using glue gel and some wire added to hang it with.

I really love the words on this sentiment and the fact that it does not just need to be for Father's day.
I will be back tomorrow with another project that was created for the last Leonie Pujol stamp launch.

Have a lovely day,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment