Wednesday 8 June 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Heart Full of Flowers

Hello!

Tonight is an exciting evening with the launch of the new entwined hearts dies and stamps by Leonie Pujol and it is always really exciting to see what has been created by the design team as we all have different styles!

I am starting with this project as it was my favourite one to create and it involved one of my favourite things, making flowers...


As soon as I saw this stamp set I knew it was going to be great for creating dimensional layered flowers.  I also wanted to create a home décor project to match the heart theme so used this MDF folk heart that I had had in my stash for quite a while.

I started by painting the heart with white gesso...


Using the die waste from the folk heart base as a stencil I added some modelling paste then once that was dry painted the heart using pink chalk paint and added some gold Pebeo gilding wax.  I then used one of the sentiment strips with versamark and gold embossing powder to create extra interest in the background...


The folk heart base (plus the inside solid part) and folk heart butterfly border were cut out of pearly white card then coloured using pink shades of Spectrum Aqua markers.  The sentiment and banner were stamped and embossed with gold and also coloured with the pink tones, then cut out and covered with glossy accents.  I also cut out and coloured the butterfly from the base set which was then coated with glossy accents and a touch of glamour dust glitter added on top...


The flowers and leaves from the stamp set were stamped and embossed using gold powder then cut out.  These were then also coloured using the Spectrum Aqua pens, shaped and glued together before being sprayed with Pearl Diamond.  The finishing touch was to add a circle sparkler to each centre...



All the pieces were then placed onto the MDF heart using glue gel and a piece of pink organza ribbon added as the finishing touch...




The other design team members are also posting about the projects that they have made for this launch so do please pop over via the links below to have a look at what they have created...

* Nick: http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk/
* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Elaine: http://cakecoffeefcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

The live shows continue tomorrow on HOCHANDA (9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm) and I will be back in the morning with another one of my projects.  Have a lovely evening,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment