Thursday 9 June 2016

Entwined Hearts: Heart Album

 
Hello again! 
 
I hope you were able to watch and enjoy the launch of the new entwined hearts collection from Leonie Pujol, I have certainly enjoyed creating samples for the shows from them!
 
Today I am sharing another MDF project with you, this time though an album.
 
As soon as I saw these die sets they said to me weddings and in my stash (yes I have an addiction to buying MDF/wooden items for decorating!) I had this plain Heidi Swapp album that came in a set, I seem to remember it was in a sale quite a while ago!  I thought that you could create a lovely gift for a couple with this and the dies and stamps, so that is was I hopefully achieved...
 

I started by preparing the wood with gesso, even though I ended up using paper for the cover I was not sure what I was going to do to start with, but the gesso is also good for not allowing too much of the glue to soak into the wood. 
I had already decided on a vintage style using a coffee and gold colour scheme so picked some polka dot paper to match.  I drew around the covers then cut the paper to size before sticking it on using mod podge.  To make sure it fit correctly I used a sanding block all around the edges and then also across the covers to add a bit of a distressed look...


To create an even more vintage look I added some tea dye distress ink and gold Pebeo gilding wax around the edges.  Using the beautiful flower flourish from the stamp set I embossed it in gold across both the covers...


I cut the big heart base in Kraft card and the big heart floral cascade in brown card, which I also embossed through my machine then highlighted the raised areas with gold gilding wax.
These were then stuck to the front of the album around the heart aperture...


Finally two words from the same stamp set were embossed onto gold card and cut out using a banner die.  These were then added to the cover and some ribbons tied to the book rings...




I will be back for one more of the projects from the shows tomorrow, but do please also check out the other design team blogs...

* Nick: http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk/
* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Elaine: http://cakecoffeefcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Until then, happy crafting!

Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment