Monday 1 August 2016

Altered Eclectics: Hexagonal Box

Hello!

Welcome to the start of a new month!!  I can't believe we are in August already and I am back today with my design team project for the new challenge over at Altered Eclectics, click HERE to go straight to the challenge blog.

I was looking around the charity shops where I live when I came across a really lovely shaped box so decided to buy it to alter, here is the finished piece...


This is how the box started out...


I painted it with black gesso then purple starlight paint from Imagination Crafts.  A bit of gold Pebeo gilding wax was then added...


Paper from the Delicate Asters collection by Heartfelt Creations was cut to make a panel on top and around the sides and edged with a gold gilding pen.  These were attached and sealed with mod podge...


Using the matching dies I then cut flowers and leaves using the papers...


Once these were layered up and centres added they were attached to the box using glue gel...


Please do go on over to the blog to see what all the other design team members have made and hopefully you will also be inspired to enter your own project.

This week I will be back on Thursday instead of Wednesday with a special blog post as a guest designer for...

Hopefully I will see you then!

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment