Thursday 4 August 2016

IndigoBlu: Summer Florals

Hello!

I am back today with a guest post for IndigoBlu after coming in the top 3 for last months challenge!

The theme this month is Summer Florals and you can go straight to the blog post HERE.

When I knew it was a summer floral theme I wanted to create a project using lovely bright colours so went with the IndigoBlu paints Marshmallow, Lime Marmalade and Lemon Meringue as well as one of the newer stamp sets Floral Fantasy.  Here is what I made...


I started with a blank MDF door hanger which was painted with white gesso to create a good base.  Then I used the 3 different colours of paint in layers to create a mixed effect.  To tone the colours down a bit I added a coat of watered down white gesso...


The Lemon Meringue paint was then used through the IndigoBlu harlequin stencil and the Marshmallow through the floral part of one of the clock stencils.  The Vintage Flourish stamp was used with a green ink pad...


I then created a similar coloured background using the paints on a piece of white card which was used to stamp the sentiment, the butterfly and the main floral element from the stamp set using gold embossing powder.  These were then cut out and added to the door hanger with an extra layer added to part of the flowers...



A few splashes of watered down gesso were also added at the end for a bit of extra texture.
I love these bright coloured paints and will be gradually building my collection as they are so rich and thick!

I will be back tomorrow with another post so I hope you will come by for a look,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment