Monday 3 October 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Glimmer of Light

 
Hello!
 
I hope you have had a good weekend!  Mine was a very lazy one with some crafting for good measure :)
I also finally got around to using a bit more of my crafty haul from Ally Pally a few weeks ago, this time I have used some of the Visible Image stamps and also the MDF stand...
 

After my Tando workshop last weekend I have also discovered how fab the Decoart crackle glaze and antiquing creams are, so I used them on this project too. 
I started by coating the plaque with white gesso and then added modelling paste through the IndigoBlu harlequin stencil...


Then I used Decoart media fluid acrylics to paint the base (transparent red oxide, yellow oxide and burnt sienna)...


After this was completely dry I added some of the crackle glaze over most of the plaque, making it thicker in some areas than others.  Once this was dry I painted the patina antiquing cream all over then rubbed it back with a damp piece of kitchen towel.  To add some extra highlights I rubbed gold Pebeo gilding wax across parts of the texture...

 

Finally I stamped out elements from the Visible Image stamp set 'Glimmer of Light' and coloured them using Spectrum Aqua pens.  Glossy accents were added to the light bulb and the sentiment was shaded with some vintage photo distress ink.  All the pieces were then added to the board using glue gel...



I decided to leave quite a bit of space on this plaque so that the background showed properly.  It made a change to use moths rather than butterflies in my project but I think they are just as interesting.

This Wednesday (5th October) there will be a new launch of Leonie Pujol's latest craft products on HOCHANDA so I will be back tomorrow with a sneaky peek of one of my design team projects as well as all the details of the shows.  Hope to see you then,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment