Saturday 22 July 2017

Gelli Plate Joy for Bee Crafty

Hello!

It is time for my latest DT post for Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty and this week I decided to get out one of my crafty tools that I bought a while ago but have not really used too much, my gelli plate!  I wanted to create a background in a different way and this seemed an ideal way to use some of my lovely Bee Crafty stencils...


 
To create my card I used...
 
* Acrylic Paint
* Black Ink Pad
* Gelli Plate and Brayer
 
Here is a close up photo so that you can hopefully see some more detail of the stencils and stamping...
 
Here is what I did...
 
1) I used my brayer to apply red and yellow acrylic paint to the gelli plate then took a print off onto card.  The one that I used with this card was made after 2 other prints had been taken.  I then added the damask stencil and took a print.
2) After cleaning the plate I added white acrylic paint and put the oval lace stencil on top.  Again this was the third print I made as I preferred the paler look this created.
3) Once this had been dried off with my heat tool I cut the card down to a 4 and a half inch square and inked around the edges using wild honey distress ink.
4) Again using the wild honey distress ink I added some more texture with random parts of the bubble wrap positive stamp.
5) I then stamped the splatter swirl border along the bottom.
6) After stamping the first coat of ink onto spare paper I stamped the wildflower 3 stamp a couple of times then added the teasels using the first generation of black ink.
7) The final piece of stamping was to add the joy sentiment straight onto the card.
8) To finish it off I layered the design onto black card and then onto a 6" card blank.
 
It was fun to get out my gelli plate and hopefully it will encourage me to have a go at using it even more with all my stencils.  Until next time I hope you have a lovely week and keep on crafting!
 
Jane xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment