I can now announce that I have been fortunate enough to have been chosen to join the Bee Crafty design team!! I am very pleased and excited to join them. As part of my team work I will be contributing to the Bee Crafty blog weekly on a Saturday and I will also share the posts here. Click HERE if you would like to visit the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog, and see all the fab design team posts that are on there.
Here is my first project designed and made for the team...
My first blog post as part of the Bee Crafty Design Team and I am so pleased to be here!
I love all things stampy, stencilly, inky and painty, so Bee Crafty products are ideal for me and I decided to make something using all four for my first blog post, so here it is...
To make the wall plaque here is what I used...
* Chipboard squares
* White gesso
* Fluid Acrylics
* Acrylic Shimmer Spray
* Structure Paste
* Gold Gilding Wax
* Gold Acrylic Paint
A close up look...
This is how I made it...
1) I started by painting all the chipboard with white gesso to form a base then used the honeycombe stencil with structure paste on all the pieces.
2) Once these were dry I used magenta, yellow and orange fluid acrylics with white to create different shades in patches across all the squares. Then I used an acrylic white shimmer spray to bring all the colours together.
3) Using the distressed harlequin stencil and white acrylic paint I added some more pattern in areas, then another layer was created using the distress diamond stamp with archival black ink.
4) Gold gilding wax was then rubbed across the textured areas and the edges to create highlights.
5) Using white cardstock Ghetto Rat was stamped three times using black Versafine ink and then embossed with clear powder over the top, the same was done with the sentiment.
6) To tie these pieces in to the background I added some distress ink to the edges (worn lipstick, dried marigold and mustard seed) and then mounted them onto gold card.
7) Once all the pieces had been stuck together I wanted a final touch to combine everything so splattered some watered down gold acrylic paint across the whole piece (that is a technical term!!).
8) To provide the 'hanger' I used a cropadile and eyelets and some gold coloured wire, which I twisted around itself so it can be hung up.
I will now get to planning my next project to share with you next week.
Until then happy crafting,