Once again it is my turn to share a project on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog and this week I have chosen my favourite design team sample from last weeks HOCHANDA shows...
There may be a bit of a pattern emerging with my posts in that it is becoming very obvious that I love butterflies!! Here are the products that I used...
* Circle MDF Art Board
* Moon - Art Stamp
* Birds and Butterflies - Art Stamps
* Wildflower 2 - Beautanicals Stamp
* Ticker Tape Sentiments - Wordage Stamps
* Regular Dots - D'Inkables Stencil
* Acrylic Paint
* Crackle Paint
* White Embossing Powder
* Silver Gilding Wax
1) After priming the art board with gesso I put texture paste through the regular dots stencil, then added some blue acrylic paint to crackle paint and painted the whole piece.
2) Once dry I stamped on the moon and wildflowers using versamark ink then heat embossed with white powder.
3) To highlight the stencilling I added some silver gilding wax.
4) Then the time consuming part!! I stamped lots of the 3 smallest butterflies in black Versafine ink and clear embossed with powder over the top.
5) After cutting them out I coloured them using different shades of blue alcohol markers and then used clear sparkle pen to add a gentle shimmer.
6) I planned out where I wanted the butterflies to be, then attached them using glue gel.
7) I chose the sentiment I wanted from the ticker tape set and stamped using versamark onto black card, then heat embossed again in white.
8) I cut the words and phrases out then placed them where I wanted them to go.
I hope you were able to catch the shows last week. If not they do remain on the HOCHANDA website to rewind for about 2 weeks so there is still time to watch them!
Have a lovely weekend and happy crafting!