Tuesday 12 September 2017

Shadow Frame for Tando Creative

Hello!

I can now announce that I have been lucky enough to have been chosen as a new member of the design team for Tando Creative!  This means I will be making samples for their TV shows as well as making regular posts of my projects to the Tando Creative Blog.

Today is my first post as part of the team and this week the theme is Glossy or Shiny so I decided to use a bit of both...

 
 
I started by coating the shadow frame pieces with white gesso then the smaller bits with tinting base.
The background of the frame was made using a baby wipe with cobalt teal hue, hansa yellow light and cadmium red hue, blending the colours together with the wipe.  To make my first glossy area I squished a versamark ink pad through the distress harlequin mini stencil and heat embossed with clear powder...
 
 
 
The outside frame was painted with the red acrylic and then stamped with the other two colours using the Nathalie Kalbach 'Marks' stamp set from Stampendous.  To add contrast and some more glossiness I then stamped with black versamark ink and heated clear embossing powder over the top.
Once the frame pieces were stuck together I added shine using a pearl gilding wax.
The mini flowers were painted using hansa yellow light, diarylide yellow, pyrole orange and cadmium red hue and the mini leaves with green gold and yellow green light.  To help it stand out I used cobalt teal hue for the butterfly. Once the pieces were dry the marks stamp set was used with archival black ink to add extra pattern and then glossy accents applied and left to dry overnight.
I thought the word 'Reflect' would go well with the glossy theme so painted it in carbon black then coated the word with glossy accents.  While this was still wet I added a sprinkle of glamour dust (crystal) to make it shine as well...
 
 
Once these had all dried thoroughly overnight the finishing shiny touch was some gems for the flowers and butterfly and then it was all ready to be attached.
 
The products used were...
 



http://www.tando-creative.co.uk/catalog/shadow-frames-p-1406.html
 
Thank you for taking time out to read my post!
 
Happy crafting,
 
Jane xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment