I am back on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog this week with some mini art boards. Sometimes I have wanted to say thank you to someone but a card has not seemed enough so this week I decided to use some mini art boards instead of a card to make a more permanent thank you gift...
I needed to make 2 and wanted them to be the same but different so decided to go for a warm toned and a cool toned option.
To make these boards I used...
* Art Boards
* Large Butterfly - Art Stamps
* XL Script - Backdrops Stamps
* Everyday Sentiments - Wordage Stamps
* Circles - D-Inkables
1) I started by coating the assembled boards with white gesso and then used structure paste through the circle stencil.
2) Once dry I used a selection of acrylic paints to colour the boards then added gilding wax to bring out the texture of the stencilling.
3) The script stamp was applied to add a bit of extra interest in the background.
4) The butterfly was stamped and then clear embossed before being cut out.
5) Using alcohol markers the butterflies were coloured in then a clear sparkle pen put over the top for a bit of bling.
6) Finally the sentiment was stamped and cut out then a little bit of distress ink brushed over to tie in the colours.
Thank you for taking the time to have a look. Happy crafting,