Thursday 12 October 2017

'Tis Near Halloween for Frilly and Funkie

Hello!


Today I am fortunate to be a guest designer at the Frilly and Funkie challenge blog and the theme for their next challenge is 'Tis Near Halloween, you can click HERE to go to the challenge blog.

I decided to go for both a Halloween theme and Halloween colours...


I created a textured background on an MDF artboard from Bee Crafty by sticking on chipboard and metal elements as well as spreading some crackle paste and a bit of stencilling.  Once this was dried I painted it all over with black starlights paint from Imagination crafts and then added patina and gold gilding wax to enhance the textures...


I wanted to create a witches lair type of effect so filled a small glass bottle with green micro beads, then used the poison bottle stamp from Bee Crafty with alcohol pens to create a colourful focal point...

 
 
To add to the Halloween feel I stamped some bats also from Bee Crafty and edged with a bit of the same gold gilding wax.
 
Once these had been added I found some suitable sentiments from a sheet of 7 Dots Studio stickers (Writer's Block) and stuck those on as well.
 
I hope you have enjoyed a bit of early spookiness and maybe inspired you to enter the challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.
 
Thank you for reading,
 
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment