Saturday 17 March 2018

Abstract Art Tag for Bee Crafty

Hello!

Last week Bev brought some fab new abstract stamps to HOCHANDA so today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I thought I would share one of my DT samples with you using the extra large MDF tag...


As the Walking Together stamp has castles on it I thought I would create a fairy tale style starting by blending some acrylic paints for the background.  Then I used the stars d'inkable with white gesso and silver paint.  Splashes of gesso were also added to create more texture...


I used versamark and white embossing powder to stamp the image at the bottom of the tag.  Then to add extra dimension the image was stamped again on heat resistant acetate using black embossing powder and then the piece was domed around the tag but slightly offset from the white image...


I chose one of the stamps from the Everyday Sentiments 1 XL that I thought went well with the feel of the tag and after stamping onto white card matted it onto black and then silver card.  The final touch was to add the black ribbon to the tag...


Here are the links to the products used...

* MDF Tag
* Art Stamps - Walking Together
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1 XL
* D'Inkables - Stars

Thank you for reading and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment