Saturday, 23 June 2018

Under The Sea for Bee Crafty

Hello!

Last week Sam brought the fab new Under the Sea stamps to HOCHANDA so today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing some of the samples that I made.  Each is very different in the style and techniques used but they all use the stamps and MDF that Bee Crafty create.

The first one is using the largest of circle art boards...


I used the circle and feather d'inkables to create some under the sea details with texture paste.  Sand paste was used along with art balls at the bottom part to create a sea bed impression.  Spray inks provided the colour then gilding wax to enhance the texture.  The regular sized seahorse was stamped onto heat resistant acetate and embossed with gold powder, then I used a gold paint pen to colour in on the back.  Seaweed was stamped, coloured and cut out to add to the bottom and the bubble stamp used on the board.  The words are from the Creativity Words set and the finishing touch was to add some beads to the sea bed.

The second board is one of the free standing tag shaped art boards...

 

I wanted to use the seahorse again but this time straight onto a board and with a very different coloured background.  As I wanted bright colours I used Dylusions paints and then added detail with some of the d'inkables in the same colours.  The seahorse and bubbles were stamped directly on with black ink and then the word stamped onto card and added with a hint of distress ink on the edges.

Last but not least I also created a tag that isn't free standing, I added my own holes using a crop a dile...


As soon as I saw the octopod I wanted to create an industrial/steampunk type look with him.  The  tag was prepared using the metal alpha d'inkable, texture paste and also some sand paste for a rusty texture.  I created the colour using a pitted metal/rust technique that Andy Skinner teaches and then used my paints to add more rust and patina effects around the edges.  The octopod was stamped onto heat resistant acetate and then coloured on the back with alcohol markers.  I stamped out the eye for a second time onto card before cutting out and colouring.  Some glossy accents were added to make the eye shiny as well.  Finishing touches were some sea weed and the words and rusty wire for a hanger.

Here are some links to the products used...

* MDF
* Art Stamps - Seahorse Set Regular
* Art Stamps - Octopod Set XL
* Wordage - Creativity Words Large
* D'inkables
* Dylusions Paints

Thank you for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx