Monday 25 June 2018

Spray Ink Heart for Tando Creative

Hello!

This week the design team are using spray inks or paints with their projects on the Tando Creative blog and I decided to use some inks with one of the lovely shadow frames...


I started by preparing all the frame pieces with white gesso then added some stencilling using the mini cog stencil.  When this was totally dry I stuck them together and added some of the mini grey board cogs, tucking them under some areas where the frame was raised.  More white gesso was then added to make sure that the surfaces were all ready for the spray ink...


I have quite a selection of different types of sprays but decided to use a matt red acrylic ink spray to provide my main colour.  I dried with my heat tool between layers and then added another type of spray that contained mica for a bit of sparkle.  When these layers had all been dried off properly I added gold gilding wax to bring out the texture...


Next I added some stamping with black archival ink and the numbers from the Andy Skinner Unexplained stamp set.  From the Steampunk set I stamped the winged key and cut it out, also cutting out the words separately. I sprayed out a little bit of the mica ink onto my glass mat and used this to colour the pieces before adding them to the frame.  To finish I used the black spray from Decoart to add a bit of extra contrast...


Here are the products used...

* Shadow Frames
* Mini Cogs
* Mini Cogs Stencil
* Andy Skinner - Unexplained Stamp Set
* Andy Skinner - Steampunk Stamp Set
* Decoart - Black Media Mister

These frames are lovely to work with and all the pieces took the sprays really well.
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment