Tuesday 24 July 2018

Diamond Media Board for Tando Creative

Hello!

It is layers week this week on the Tando Creative blog and I decided to use one of my media boards as a base for lots of greyboard embellishments.  This is one of the really good points of grey board as it is not to heavy so can be layered up...


I started with a first layer of stencilling onto the board.  Sand texture paste was added through the distress diamonds mini stencil.  Once this had dried I combined green gold paint with tinting base and then used some gilding wax across the top.  A script stamp was added using archival ink...


For the next layer I cut a piece of diamond grid and then used versamark and shabby blue embossing powder to create a topping.  I made sure to keep all the diamond shapes that came out of the grid and painted 3 of them with cobalt blue paint then added stamping and gilding wax to match the first layer.  Next I used the same colours and wax with one of the mini frames...


The final layer was one of the butterflies from the butterfly grab bag.  This time I mixed tinting base with the quinacridone violet paint.  More stamping was added then for an extra layer I used liquid glass and added some pearl embellishments before adhering a sticker quote.

Here are the products used:

* Media Board
* Diamond Grid
* Mini Frames
* Butterfly Grab Bag
* Distress Diamond Mini Stencil
* Decoart - Sand Texture Paste; Fluid Acrylic Paints; Tinting Base; Liquid Glass

Thank you for looking, there will be lots more layered projects across the week from other members of the design team.  Happy crafting :)

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment