Saturday 28 July 2018

Journal Under The Sea For Bee Crafty

Hello!

I am back on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog today with a bit of art journaling...


I have had these pages in my journal for quite some time after I used them to clean off some jade Dylusions paint that was on my foam applicator.  I didn't really have an idea of what I wanted to do until I looked at the colour and the shape and thought it had a bubbly feel, so I decided to go with that theme...

 
 
The colour was a bit too vivid for me at this point as I wanted other layers over the top so I started by brayering some white gesso over them before adding stencilling using vibrant turquoise and fresh lime Dylusions paints through the sunset and circles d'inkables...
 
 
Next I added some doodling with a white posca pen, this is so much fun to do so I had to limit myself to the circles!  For some extra texture on the pages I also added some white and green splatters...
 
 
I then used one of the texture border stamps with white gesso and the bubbles from both of the under the sea sets stamped with archival inks.  I decided to colour the bubbles in with some watercolours to make them appear more solid.  I knew that my main focal image was going to have a lot of black so I decided to add some stamping with black archival ink and a texture circle stamp...
 
 
Finally I stamped the seahorse (of the smaller set) onto acetate and heat embossed with clear powder.  Once this had been stuck onto the page I used some alcohol markers and a gold paint pen to add colour.  After choosing the sentiment this was cut out and added to the pages with some black pen added around the edges to highlight them.  To tie the pages altogether I added some splatters of gold paint and edged all around the pages with black archival ink to help draw the eye into the pages...
 

 
To complete these pages I used the following products:
 
 
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
 
Jane xx





No comments:

Post a Comment