Saturday 25 August 2018

Regal Rose ATCs for Bee Crafty

Hello!

For my project today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I have made a couple more ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) to add to my Bee Crafty collection that I am making.  This time I wanted to combine some of the different stamp sets that I love to create a new image...


I started by prepping the bases with white gesso and then mixed some crackle paint up with a few drops of yellow acrylic paint.  This was then applied to the bases using a palette knife as I wanted to create some extra texture...


Once the paint had dried and the crackles developed I watered down some metallic gold paint to use as a wash over the top and also allowed some to drip from the edge...


At this point I had already decided on the images I wanted to use and so wanted to add some background stamping that had a regal feel.  I chose the multi mini distress diamonds stamp and used versamark and gold embossing powder to create pattern on parts of the background, I purposefully didn't ink the whole stamp to allow a distressed look.  I then used gold gilding wax to frame the edges of each of the ATCs...


I love wings so that formed the basis of the image that I wanted to create.  In the past I have combined wings with cogs, keys and hearts so wanted to use something different and chose the rose, just cutting off the main flower head.  I only needed one pair of wings, one rose and one crown as I wanted half of each to be on each of the ATCs.  After stamping and cutting out the images I coloured them using watercolour pens and inks and added some clear sparkle pen over the rose.  These were then added to the ATCs using glue gel...


As always my final touch had to be a sentiment for each ATC and I stamped these onto black card using a detail gold embossing powder...



To create my ATCs I used the following products...

* Art Stamps - Feather Wings
* Heraldic - Assorted Small Crowns
* Beautanicals - Large Rose
* Backdrops - Multi Mini Distress Diamonds
* Wordage - Live With No Excuses (small)
* Wordage - Never Regret (small)

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing how this project was created and thank you for looking.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment