Wednesday 22 August 2018

Crackle Mini Book for Tando Creative

Hello!

This week on the Tando Creative Blog the theme is crackle, one of my favourite techniques!
I decided to decorate one of the gorgeous mini books (quickly becoming an addiction!!) and used three different sorts of crackle for this project...

 
After using gesso to prepare the cover I used a technique that the lovely Di Oliver teaches in workshops to create a variety of crackle sizes using both weathered wood and crackle paint.  The paint was mixed in with some primary magenta to create the pink colour and once it had dried some beautiful crackles had formed...
 
 
To make crackles on the main flower I used crackle paste and then once dry painted with a darker version of the pink then added white antiquing cream.  The rest of the greyboard pieces were painted with a variety of fluid acrylics and then stamping added to the pieces and cover...
 
 
The final touches were some little bees that I stamped, cut out and coloured as well as some word stickers.  To create my closure I used a crop a dile and eyelets to add my ribbon to.
 
These are the products used:
 
* Decoart - White Gesso, Weathered wood, Crackle Paste, Crackle Paint, Fluid Acrylics
 
Happy crafting,
 
Jane xx
 




No comments:

Post a Comment