Monday 1 October 2018

Altered Eclectics: Shadow Box Frame

Hello!

Well it is already October and autumn is well underway here.  The start of a new month also means the start of a new challenge over at the Altered Eclectics Challenge Blog, the theme is always anything goes, just no cards or ATC's please.  Thank you for all your wonderful September entries, to visit the challenge blog you can click HERE.

This month I have altered an MDF shadow box frame.  It had been previously decorated but I was no longer happy with the style so decided to revamp it...


The stencilling and some of the embellishments were already in place but the centre part was empty.  I added extra metal and resin parts to the outer frame and then painted the whole piece with black gesso.  When I was happy that all the pieces were totally covered and the whole frame was dry I used Lindy's Gang sprays to colour it.  I wanted more depth to the colour so dry brushed with acrylic paint and added gilding wax as well until I was happy with the finish...


I wanted to build up a centre piece that was slightly raised so started by adding some different materials to act as a base that I coloured with watered down acrylic paint.  I then stamped out the wings by Bee Crafty onto some card that had been sprayed with the same inks used on the frame.  I chose metal and resin embellishments and coloured some of them using different gilding waxes.  I then built up the centre using glue gel to raise the pieces and make sure they would adhere solidly...


Finally I added some micro beads and chose a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Clippings set that was layered onto brown card.

It is always lovely to look at everyone else's creations so do please visit the challenge and it would be great to see your projects this month. 

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment