Saturday 29 September 2018

Lady Art Journaling Page for Bee Crafty

Hello!

For my post today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing some art journaling that I have done using Bee Crafty stamps and stencils.  At the moment I am really keen on using faces in my journaling and so the Ladies Profile stamp made an ideal starting point...
 
 
I started the spread by using water soluble pigment sticks to create colour on the background.  I then added some white gesso by dry brushing it in areas across the pages.
 
Next I stamped the profile using black archival ink and then used a permanent black fine liner pen to continue the neck and add a collar and the hair.  The face I then coloured using a mixture of acrylic paint and paint pens.  If any areas got covered up with the paint I then used the image on the package for guidance to fill them back in with the fine liner pen...
 
 
To create detail on her hair I used the feather d'inkable with white gesso.  Once this was dry I added details with dots in permanent pen and also some liquid pearls.  The butterflies were stamped and cut out and then coloured using the pigment sticks and water before being added to her hair...
 
 
At this point I wanted my lady to stand out against the background so added black pigment stick around the edges and allowed some of the colour to run to create a softer edge.  To tie in more black I used the script XL stamp with black archival ink around the page then took one of the creativity words and added parts to the two corners.  Finally I chose a sentiment which I stamped onto a piece of card that had been spritzed with ink for another project and cut it into strips before adding to the page...
 
 
The products used were:
 
 
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
 
Jane xx


No comments:

Post a Comment