Saturday 22 December 2018

Vintage Christmas Wishes for Bee Crafty

Hello!

As it is my last Saturday post on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog before the big day I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a merry Christmas whatever you will be doing and hope that it brings you all that you wish for.

Because it is now so close I thought that I would share with you a Christmas project but instead of the usual traditional colours I decided to go a bit vintage and used some stamps that you would not really class as Christmassy...


I started with one of the MDF tags which I painted with white gesso then used versamark ink and ultra thick embossing powder to coat the tag.  I did this 3 times to create a really thick layer then covered the script stamp with brown staz on and stamped it into the molten powder.  I left it there until the powder had started to cool and then removed the stamp.  The impression was uneven in places and not all of the ink had gone on but this helped to add to the vintage feel...


Next I used versamark and a fine gold embossing powder to stamp and heat emboss the wings, small heart and sentiment stamps.  I used some antique linen and vintage photo distress crayons to colour the images and then adhered them all to the tag...



To finish off the pieces I used a gold pen around the edges of the stamped images and gold gilding wax on the tag.

Here are the items that I used:

* Backdrop Stamps - Script XL
* Art Stamps - Feather Wings
* Backdrop Frames - Style Wire Hearts
* Yuletide - Everyday Christmas 1
* MDF - Victorian Tag

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment