Saturday 29 December 2018

New Year Notebook for Bee Crafty

Hello!

I hope you all had the Christmas you wished for and are now looking forward to the new year. 

I thought that as it is almost the start of 2019 I would create a project to mark that new beginning. 
I am not one for resolutions as I believe that you can achieve new things at any time of the year, but I do like inspirational quotes so thought I would make a notebook to put them into...


Once I had cut the mount board pieces using a die to create the main book and mini book, I used acrylic paint to coat them all.  I wanted to use a stamp in a different way and decided on the spikey snowflakes as when they were embossed in gold onto the teal I felt that they looked like mystical suns!...


When the notebook had been assembled I wanted to create more of a focal point, so stamped some of the snowflakes again onto a piece of card that I painted and then die cut them into circles.  I wanted to use the same wording on both the main book and the mini book charm so chose a sentiment set where there were two sizes of fonts (Inspirational Words 1)...


To add my ribbon closures I used red liner tape to attach them inside the covers then used the script stamp to make some pretty inserts which were placed over the top.  I added some pages under the elastic and started off my notebook with one of my favourite Bee Crafty wordage stamps...


My aim is now to add quotes to the book throughout the year so that by the end it is a book of inspiration!

Here are the products used:

* Yuletide - Spikey Snowflakes
* Backdrops - Script XL
* Wordage - Inspirational Words 1
* Wordage - True Hope
* D'Inkables - Stars

I hope you have a wonderful start to the new year, happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this project! The mini book as the charm is fabulous! I really like the idea of a book of favorite quotes - this is pretty and practical!

    ReplyDelete