Saturday 5 January 2019

Courageous Lion Card for Bee Crafty

Hello!

Happy new year!
 
I have decided to share a card with you today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog that has a sentiment I think we all as crafters need to follow sometimes...


To start this project I began by stamping the lion image from The Wizard of Oz collection using sepia Versafine then embossed with clear powder as I hadn't yet decided which colouring mediums I wanted to use!
I ended up using my watercolour paints and then Faber Castell pitt pens to colour the image and added some white highlights with a signo uniball pen. 
To give the image extra dimension I coated it using glossy accents, then when that layer had dried added another (to be honest I did this because I had stuck my finger into the first layer in my impatience!!).  You can see the high shine this had in the photos as I could not avoid the light showing in them...


Next I stamped and cut out the sentiment then started on my background. 
I cut a piece of card measuring 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" as it was going to go on a 5 x 7 card blank.  I wanted to create a vintage looking background so used my distress inks (tea dye, vintage photo and walnut stain). 
I used each colour one at a time by putting some onto my craft mat, spritzing with water and then adding to the card.  The colours were used from light to dark and when I wanted a more dappled look I dabbed the card rather than put it all in...


After I had added the colours it felt a bit too dark so I splashed some water onto the card then dabbed off with kitchen towel, one of the great properties of distress inks. 
I still wanted some extra lighter elements so used the circles d'inkable to remove some of the colour by faux bleaching with a damp cloth, then drew around the circles with my white pen. 
To make the circles a bit different I added some scribbles around the edges then decided to do the same with a border around the whole piece of card.  
I wanted the circles to be lighter still so added some white distress crayon to them as well. 
To create some extra texture I used my favourite ever Bee Crafty stamp the Script XL with some of the distress inks in random areas.

To frame the main piece and sentiment I blended some walnut stain around the edges. 
The background was then stuck flat to the card but to create dimension I added the sentiment with foam tape and the lion with glue gel.

Here are the items that I used:

* Wizard of Oz - Cowardly Lion
* Wizard of Oz - Inspirational Sentiments
* Backdrops - XL Script
* D'Inkables - Circles
* Distress Ink Pads

Thank you for looking and I hope that this year we will all have both courage and self confidence within our crafting.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment