Saturday 13 April 2019

Live Like a Dragonfly for Bee Crafty

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a card that I made using some new purchases!

I was lucky enough to attend the Crafting at Ally Pally show last Sunday where I visited Bev, Dave and the fabulous Bee Crafty stand.  I had my list ready so thought I would share this project with you using some of those goodies...


I started off by using a piece of Yupo paper by Ranger.   This is something that I had wanted to try for a while as I do have alcohol inks and I am always wanting to try different surfaces and mediums.  I dropped a variety of different coloured alcohol inks onto the paper and added drops of 90% alcohol into them as well.  I kept going until I was happy with the result...


Once this was done I used the Dots backdrops stamp with black archival ink and the little lines and dots stamp from the Doodle Dragonfly set with peeled paint archival ink.  On this surface the inks did not dry as they usually would so I added clear embossing powder over the top to seal them in...


To match the dots and lines theme I then used the new d'inkable of the same name with some crackle paste...


Whilst this was drying I stamped the dragonfly out onto card and then used the same sorts of colours as the background but with Faber Castel Pitt Pens. This was then covered with glossy accents and a sprinkle of fine glitter added...


Finally I stamped a sentiment from the Ticker Tape 2 set and put the card together onto a black mat then a green glitter card base.  I raised the elements up using glue gel to create a more dimensional finish...



Here are the products that I used:

* Art Stamps - Doodle Art Dragonfly Regular
* Backdrops - Dots
* Wordage - Ticker Tape 2
* D'Inkables - Lines and Dots
* Yupo Paper
* Distress Archival Inkpads

Thank you for looking and I hope you will be watching the Bee Crafty shows on HOCHANDA this coming Monday (15th April).

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. Jane this is a fabulous card! I love the alcohol ink choices you made! Beautiful colors on dragon fly!!

    ReplyDelete