Saturday 25 January 2020

Wildflower Silhouettes for Bee Crafty

Hello!

This week on the Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a fairly simple card created to show the beauty of the silhouette stamps...


I started by using a glossy card stock to create an alcohol ink background.  The colours were added one at a time along with blending solution and blown around, I did this with a keyboard cleaner puffer (*it is important not to use a straw to do this as this increases the risk of inhalation of the alcohol ink fumes, also the blending solution should not be spritzed/sprayed from a bottle due to the added resins in the product*).  Once the colours were as I wanted and most of the ink was dry I  theadded gold foil to the tacky areas...


The card was cut down to a 4" square and then I stamped the Wildflower 1 using versamark ink before heat embossing with black powder.  You do need to be careful heating glossy card as it can bubble, so I made sure my heat tool was well heated up before starting then kept my tool moving over the whole area until the powder started melting so that when it was aimed directly it was for the minimum time possible.

The Everyday Sentiments 1 was used on a spare piece of the background and then all pieces matted onto black before being added to a 5" square card base...


Here are the products used:

Beautanicals - Wildflower 1
Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1
Alcohol Inks & Blending Solution

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment