Saturday 18 January 2020

Black and White Doodle Art for Bee Crafty

Hello!

This week on the Bee Crafty blog I am sharing some cards that I made to use up the doodle art images that I stamped and cut out for last weeks project...


I started by creating a background on a piece of A4 watercolour card using Brusho powders.  I wanted it to be quite blended so added lots of water and tipped the colours around to run them together...


Next I used the Fernando large inkable stencil with distress inks in similar colours to the background.  After stenciling through I also spritzed the stencil and printed off the excess onto the card...


To add some lighter elements I used white gesso through the Metal Alpha d'inkable.  The white gesso also took on some of the colour below which I wanted rather than a bright white...


After the stencils I needed some stamping to complete the texture.  I started by using the Texture Circles with the same distress inks already used, then to add contrast I used one of the Texture Borders with black archival ink...


To create my cards I cut the sheet into pieces each measuring 4" square and matted them onto black card...


I then selected the pieces stamped out from last week and decided to leave them in black and white as this made them stand out against the background.  I chose some general sentiments from the Everyday Sentiment sets so that I can add these cards to my emergency card collection and heat embossed them in white powder onto black...




Here are the products I used:

* Inkables Big Ones - Fernando
D'inkables - Metal Alpha
Background, Textures and Borders - Texture Circles
Background, Textures and Borders - Texture Borders
Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1
Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 2
Doodle Art Stamps - Various
Distress Ink Pads

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx


1 comment:

  1. Love these Jane - my favourite colour palette and great with the contrast of black and white. xx

    ReplyDelete