Saturday 4 April 2020

Just Bloom Journal Page with Bee Crafty

Hello!

I hope you are all keeping well in these difficult times.  I have found that at the moment I am enjoying doodling and colouring in my crafting, I think because they are quite soothing craft activities, so today I am sharing with you a journal page I made this week using those very actions...


I started by creating a couple of masks using the 'Just Bloom' flower and one of the leaves with some masking sheets...


Then I filled my journal page with the flower, leaves and small circles from the 'Geometric Walls' stamp set.  I used archival black ink and added the masks to be able to layer some of the images up...


Next was the fun part, colouring in all the elements using my Faber Castell Pitt pens...


I wanted some colour in the background, and as I had used permanent inks for the stamping and colouring I used watercolours to do this...


Once the background was completely dry I used a white signo gel pen to doodle in some extra elements...


Using the words from the same flower set I stamped in clear ink then embossed with white powder.  This I then cut up and added to the page.  At this point I decided to add the words to one side of the page as well using black archival and then edged the page to help draw the eye in...




I enjoyed the process of making this so much that I then made another piece to be cut into sections for a couple of 6 x 4 cards, then added sentiments from the 'Everyday Sentiments 2' set...


Here are links to the products that were used:

Art Stamps by Jane Royston - Just Bloom
Art Stamps by Jane Royston - Geometric Walls
Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 2

Crafting is an amazing outlet for many people and I hope you are able to do some this week.
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. Jane, these are beautiful. I love the colours - thank you for sharing your journey in producing these lovely samples. xx

    ReplyDelete