Saturday 30 October 2021

'Explore and Discover' A Lunar Themed Card

  Hello!

This week on the Bee Crafty Facebook page I did a Facebook live experimenting with some colour combinations to go with the new distress colour Villainous Potion.  As part of the live I created an ATC that had a space theme so I decided to use that as a topper for a bigger card...

1) I cut a piece of mixed media card and used Villainous Potion and Peacock Feathers distress inks with a blending brush.  To create a more distressed look I splashed droplets of water across the card and lifted some of the ink with a piece of kitchen towel...

2) Next I stamped the largest star from the Star Textures set using Prize Ribbon distress ink...


3) Taking one of the smaller stars from the set I stamped using the Villainous Potion distress ink...


4) Making sure the ink layers were dry I then stamped the star cluster using embossing ink and heat embossed using superfine gold embossing powder...


5) I stamped out the largest star again onto black card with the same ink and embossing powder to use alongside the ATC for the card toppers...


6) Finally I put the card together, using some black thread under the stars for extra texture and dimension...



Here are links to the products used:


Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
Jane xx








No comments:

Post a Comment