I have to admit that today's project is only just meeting the mixed media criteria! My excuse is that I have been a bit busy with a few different projects and forgot that Mondays are mixed media on here! However there are a few different mediums on this card and I have added some different textures as well.
I will be entering this project into the following challenges...
* Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog - Love is in the air
* Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Valentine
* Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Hearts and Flowers
This was a project that emerged from me getting out the crafty stash that I wanted to play with and the card just happened.
I started by using the rose striplet by Sue Wilson. I had seen John Lockwood use the striplet to make a frame within one of the pierced squares (on Hochanda) and thought that it would make a lovely background for a romantic card. The great thing is that because it is quite a busy pattern you can get away with little mistakes within the lining up! Then I used crimson colour cloud blending ink and gold ink spray over the top. I cut another square of card covered in double sided adhesive and attached it to the back of the panel, then filled in the pattern using Finnabair gold glitter...
Next I used a sentiment that I recently bought from Quietfire Designs. It was sent all the way from Canada but I totally loved the calligraphy script (another craft that I dabbled with when younger) and I liked the fact that although it was a Valentines set, some of the sentiments (such as this one) are suitable for any time of the year. I stamped using black Versafine, cut it out with a circle die and then coloured in the same way as the rose background...
The other main focal point that I wanted to add was a rose to match with the theme. I knew that I had a rose stamp somewhere and then remembered that it was on a Dawn Bibby set that I have had a long time called Lily and Rose. The rose was stamped in Versafine and coloured using Faber Castell Pitt pens. It was then cut out and I chopped off the leaves to be able to arrange them how I wanted. I restamped the flower head, colouring in the same way, then added double sided adhesive and diamond snow glitter jewels.
The card was then matted and layered, using foam tape, to create some dimension and the rose added with glue gel to give extra height to the focal layers. It was finished off with a bow and gem to balance out the card...
I hope that I have managed to create a really romantic feeling card, and I like the fact that although it is aimed at Valentine's day it is giving the message that it is important to tell people you love them all year round.