Saturday 16 April 2016

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: Monster Door Hanger

Hello all!

A special post for me today.

As I was lucky enough to be given the title 'Queen of Snark' in the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, L is for Legend challenge, I now have the opportunity to post a project for the new challenge 'E is for embossing'...


I wanted to create something a bit different to my usual style using both types of embossing.  This was an ideal technique for me as I love adding texture to my projects and heat embossing was one of the first things that got me into a love of stamping. 

I decided to use a monster set and sentiment from Dylusions, so started by stamping the parts I wanted using versamark ink and then heat embossing with black powder...


 They were then coloured using alcohol markers...


I painted an MDF door hanger using silver paint and then sprayed a piece of white card with some inks.  I used Dylusions black and white as well as Lindys stamp gang steel and teal and dried with a heat tool.  This was then put through my Grand Calibur in a pebble embossing folder from the Crafters Companion texture range.  After drawing around the door hanger and cutting out the card into the correct shape I added silver and teal gilding wax to highlight the texture on the card, then stuck it to the door hanger using an acrylic glue...


To add even more texture I swiped my versamark ink pad around the top and bottom of the hanger and heat embossed with some aged silver powder. 

All the pieces were attached to the hanger using glue gel and a piece of silver cord added.  I then decided to add an extra layer to my 'monster' so stamped, cut out and coloured the head part again to add extra dimension...





I thought this would be good for a teenagers door!!

I hope you liked it, please do pop on over to the challenge blog for a look.

I will be back on Monday,

Jane x








No comments:

Post a Comment