Wednesday 13 April 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Under The Sea

Hello once again,

Today I have made something completely different although still with a mixed media feel!

I have done so much with flowers lately that I fancied a total change of style so got out some fun stamps that I bought in a sale a while ago.  They are a sea creature set by Dylusions, I really loved the quirky feel and thought they would make great cards with a bit of a twist from the usual, so that is what I have done.

I started by stamping out a selection of the creatures using versamark and heat embossed them with black powder.  Then I cut them out and coloured using alcohol markers.  I wanted a contrasting background so used brushos to create a watery feel.  Ultramarine, turquoise and leaf green were sprinkled onto white card and then spritzed with gold mica spray to activate them...


Some bubbles were stamped onto the background and embossed in gold and then spearmint sparkle paste added through a stencil to create some foliage at the bottom of the card...

 
The sentiment was stamped onto black card and embossed with gold powder.  These were then put in place along with the sea creatures and attached using glue gel.  Finally the card was mounted onto black and then added to a 7" square card...



I think the creatures are really cute and quirky!! 

I will be back next on Saturday instead of Friday this week as I have got a post to link up with another blog, more quirkiness will be in that one too...

Hopefully see you soon,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment