Monday 2 May 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Butterflies and blooms

Hello all, I hope you have had a great weekend and are ready for this new week!

Happy Bank Holiday Monday if you are in the UK, let's hope the weather is not typical!!

 Today's project is being entered into the following challenges...
 
* The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - #24 Butterflies and Blooms
 
 
* Frilly and Funkie Challenge - It's not easy being green
* Anything But Cute - Earth Day
 
 
* Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
 
I started by gathering the recyclable materials that I wanted to use which was a bottle that I had kept because I really liked the shape and some cans that I had planned to use for metal flowers...
 
 
Using 3 shades of blue starlight paints from Imagination crafts, I painted the bottle, using a few coats and blending the colours together.  I used my tin snips to cut the tops and bottoms from my cans and along the side to create sheets of tin ready to be die cut...
 
 
As it was metal (although quite thin) I decided to use a tattered flower and tattered flourish bigz die to cut out my shapes...
 
 
Once I had cut out the number of flowers I wanted I also punched some butterfly shapes out using a Stampin'Up! punch, it went through the metal easily.  All the pieces were then coloured using alcohol inks (stream, stonewashed denim, meadow, oregano and silver).  Then I added a little bit of blue diamond sparkle texture paste to the metal parts and to the top of the bottle using my finger to dab it on.  All the pieces were then glued to the bottle using glue gel for a firm hold...
 




I resisted the temptation to add anything else as I thought that this made quite a nice simple Earth Day tribute.
 
I am back tomorrow with a design team post for Leonie Pujol, showing one of the samples that was on the television launch a couple of weeks ago.
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Jane x
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment