Friday 10 June 2016

Funtastic Friday: Heart Jar Lantern

Hello again!

This is my final design team piece for this week, but I am back tomorrow with a guest design team project for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

I am always looking for different ways to use my crafting products and have in the past decorated jars with stamping and decoupage so I thought it would be a good idea to have a go at creating a jar lantern using the new entwined dies.

I started by preparing the jar with a couple of coats of white gesso as I wasn't sure which paint I was going to use at first and wanted to provide a good base...


 I decided to use starlight paint by Imagination Crafts and painted the jar in gold...


Using gold coloured wire I created a handle by wrapping it around the top of the jar.  Then to create some interest and cover up the top part of the jar, I wrapped it with organza ribbon then added a bow and dazzler...


To match the colour scheme I found some burgundy cardstock which I cut with the folk heart die, (sensational swirl) three times.  I used spray glue to stick these around the jar...


Finally I stamped one of the message ribbons using versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder onto matching cardstock, then cut it out and adhered it to the jar...



I hope you have been able to see the various shows and have enjoyed Leonie's demonstrations.

On Monday I will have an MDF project that uses more of the entwined collection so I hope you will be able to pop by for a look!

Thank you for all the lovely comments left on my blog posts, they are much appreciated.  Have a lovely weekend,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment