Saturday 11 June 2016

V is for Vroom

Hello!

I am back this Saturday for a special guest designer post with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

The latest challenge is 'V is for Vroom', so a project that has a motorised vehicle on it.  If you would like to enter please click here...

http://snarkystampers.blogspot.co.uk/

I decided to go quite snarky for this one and after looking through my very limited collection of car stamps (I am more of a butterfly and flower girl!), rediscovered an old Stampin'Up! set that contained emergency vehicles and decided to team the police car up with a sentiment from Dylusions...


I started by drilling holes into my MDF plaque before preparing with gesso then painting with bright pink starlight paint from Imagination Crafts...


Then I created my background.  First I used golden pink sparkle paste (Imagination Crafts) through a star stencil and then pink embossing powder with some Leonie swirl stamps.  I would usually have done this the other way round but was not organised enough with my planning!...



I then stamped, cut out and coloured all the elements that I wanted to use from the stamp sets.  I stamped 2 of each car so that they could be layered up, and when they were all done coated them with glossy accents...




Finally they were all added to the plaque using glue gel...



The aim was to create a fun plaque that contrasted the pink with the image of an emergency vehicle!

I will be back on Monday with a very romantic mixed media piece, I would love for you to visit.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment