Saturday 30 June 2018

The Pink Rats! For Bee Crafty

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing some more ATC's that I have made to add to my Bee Crafty collection.  This time I wanted to create a couple more using the Inspired by Banksy stamps and went for a rat theme!  I also decided to go for a colour scheme that I don't automatically use...


To start I coated 2 grey board ATC's with white gesso then watered down some magenta acrylic paint and coated the boards, also allowing some of the colour to drip down.  I then added some splashes of the same colour as well...


The next stage didn't work out as I wanted but I still liked the effect so went with it!  I placed the chain link d'inkable over the top of the ATC's and sprayed white acrylic ink over the top.  I sprayed too much ink which meant that the pattern wasn't defined and when I do it another time I will try to be much less heavy handed...


However I still liked the colour that this had created so carried on by adding some of the original magenta through the cracked glass d'inkable...


For my next layer I used the texture border and circle stamps with archival inks...


To make the focal images really stand out against the background I used black archival ink with the Ghetto Rat and Ratzzi stamps...


I still wanted a bit of extra dimensional texture so used crackle paste through the regular dots d'inkable...


Whilst this was drying I stamped 2 of the Everyday 1 Sentiments onto white card, cut them out and inked around the edges with some pink distress ink.  After a few splashes of watered down black acrylic paint had also been added the sentiments were glued on.

Here are the ATC's with the others I have made using the Banksy range.  You can read about the other 2 HERE...


To create my ATC's I used the following products...

* Inspired by Banksy - Ghetto Rat
* Inspired by Banksy - Ratzzi
* Backdrop Borders - Texture Borders
* Backdrops - Texture Circles
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1
* D'Inkables - Chain Link; Cracked Glass; Regular Dots
* Archival Inkpads

Thank you for looking and it would be lovely to see your creations over on the Bee Crafty Facebook group too!

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment