Sunday 1 July 2018

Altered Eclectics: A Rusty Bottle

Hello!
 
Wow yet another month has rushed by and we are already in July!  The weather here at the moment is absolutely gorgeous so it really does feel like summer.  As it is the first day of a new month it also means the start of a new months challenge at Altered Eclectics.  The theme is always anything goes as long as the projects are altered items or mixed media, the only exceptions are no cards or ATC's please.
 
This month I really wanted to do something with a maple syrup bottle that I have been hoarding for some time.  Here is how it started after I had taken off all the labels and made sure it had a good wash to remove any residue...
 

I felt like it should be a really grungy, rusty feel this time and here is what it looked like after I had finished...


I started by applying sand texture and crackle pastes from Decoart.  Once these had dried I added grey board pieces from Tando Creative and art balls using heavy gel.  Luckily as the weather is so warm at the moment I was able to put the bottle outside and get it all dried quite quickly this month...


The whole project was then painted with black gesso.  Next Lindys sprays were used to add colour.  I applied them in layers, drying each in between and adding whichever ones I thought were needed.  To then bring all the texture back out I added Pebeo gilding wax...


As always I wanted to include words of some sort to the project and in the end went for this sticker from Tim Holtz small talk.

Thank you for looking and I hope you will take a look at the challenge blog HERE and it would be great to see your projects this month.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment